Years ago, as I was driving through Texas, I saw my favorite road sign of all time: “Drive friendly!” I thought, “That pretty much covers it all!” Here at the studio, our sign is, “Work friendly!” Since 1988, we’ve enjoyed friendly collaboration with--and have been inspired by!--incredibly talented artists and clients.
We love what we do—work should be fun, right? On time, on budget, meticulous attention to detail—we take care of these things with a proactive approach and clear communication, so you can relax and enjoy the ride.
We’d love to hear about your favorite road sign – and next project, of course!
“Within the last 2 years I had the pleasure of working with Linda on several projects. Her ability to understand our goals and to help us develop what we wanted from our initial concepts was highly appreciated. She always presented options and kept us informed about what the effects of decisions might be. She was proactive in anticipating potential problems and alerted us in advance so that we could avoid them. No surprises, and I never worried that we wouldn’t meet the deadlines, despite the very rushed schedules!
Linda is extremely organized, professional, reliable and hardworking. She delivers the best result (award-winning projects) with always keeping an eye on timeline and budget. Never once did she say, 'We can’t do that.' Instead, she found a resource or a way to get the project done, on time, within budget. And I must also mention that working with Linda was a joy for me personally. She is a very warm and caring person and I’ve always enjoyed working with her a lot. I would certainly recommend contacting Linda for your next project and hope I’ll get the chance to work with her again in the future."
- Petra Oberhauser, Head of Global Communications and Branding at Swarovski (worked together while Marketing Manager at Xicato)
“Making a movie, Beauty Bites Beast, we needed to incorporate art in a way that most documentaries don't. She's smart, fast, thorough and fun! I just have to have the fun and good sense of humor aspect to ANYONE I work with. I can't recommend Linda highly enough.”
- Ellen Snortland, Producer/Director, Beauty Bites Beast
“Having been a commercial photographer for over 35 years, I’ve dealt with a wide range of expertise when it comes to coordinating and negotiating a photo shoot. Linda stands out for her exceptional ability to add clarity to what can often be a very complex negotiation, with the added skill of a warm, inviting personality that helps keep everyone on the same page. She also has the rare talent to build a comfortable space where the difficult work of creating original work can proceed in an optimal way.”
- David Bishop, David Bishop Studios
- ADDY Award--Best of Division: Visual and Audio Elements of Advertising (“Count to Four” Campaign)
- AdClub of Silicon Valley ADDY Award--Bronze: Industry Self-Promotion Campaign ("Count to Four" Campaign)
- ADDY Award: Industry Self-Promotion, Self-Promotion Campaign (“Extraordinary Talents” Campaign)
- LULU Award: Advertising (“Scenic Views” Campaign)
- Panel member: PhotoPlus Expo East, New York, seminar, "Negotiating: Stories from the Front"
- Portfolio reviewer/creative consultant for APA/San Francisco (professional photographers’ organization)
- Guest speaker, San Francisco Society of Illustrators
- Guest speaker, Academy of Art University, San Francisco: "Professional Practices," "Portfolio Development,"
and various additional classes for both Illustration and Photography programs
- Guest speaker, San Jose State University: "Business Practices," "Estimating,” and “Negotiating," for both
Photography and Illustration program classes
- Guest speaker, California College of the Arts: “Professional Practices”
- Guest speaker, City College of San Francisco: Graphic Communications, Professional Practice class,
“Portfolio Development and Presentation”
- Guest speaker, UC Berkeley Extension: "Portfolio/Exit" seminar for illustrators
- Judge: Fox River/Western Art Director’s Club Student Design Grants Panel
- Judge: American Ad Books (AAB) Showcase Billboard Creative Awards, Branding/Logo Creative Awards,
and Advertising Creative Competition
Ad Agencies/Design Firms:
TBWA\Chiat\Day, Cinco Design, Digitas, Peterson Milla Hooks, RPA, CF Napa, McCann, JWT, Inc Design, The Karma Group, HKA Design, Landor, IDEO, FCB, Goodby Silverstein, Primo Angeli, Plazm, Hanley Wood, ...
Nike (Asia/Pacific, Bags, Basketball, Brand Jordan, Golf, Heritage, and Vision Divisions), A&E Networks, Neiman Marcus, Acura, Microsoft, American Express, T-Mobile, FedEx, Novartis, Anheuser-Busch, Nestle, Dreyer’s,...
Advertising Age, Billboard, Food Network, Fortune, Hour Detroit, Men’s Journal, Multifamily Executive, National Geographic Kids, The New York Times, Rachel Ray Every Day, Rolling Stone, The Wall Street Journal Europe,...
Disney Publishing, Group Publishing, HarperCollins Publishers, Klutz Press, MacMillan Publishers, Oxford University Press, Penguin Random House, Portal Press, Scholastic, Simon & Schuster, Glyph Publishing,...